I have recently endured a few sleepless nights as my mind churns around all the ideas, implications and ethics involved in this seedling project. I conjure many question, while my studies in cultural anthropology have lead me deep into the labyrinths of ethical issues. How will we as outsiders influence or even change the relationship of the Achuar with the "outside"? What kind of ripple effect will our presence cause? What is valuable from my culture and knowledge for them? How can I simply exist as an good example, an ambassador, without imposing? How can I be a vulnerable observer while also giving and providing what is valuable for them? What can I offer?
I want to remember that which my ancestors have been unlearning for generations. That I may remember them back into existence, that I may sing and write and tell of their magnificence. That I may honor our indigenous hearts.
That I may plant a warm stone as the heart of the sky, as a loving sun, which gives to us his generous rays, that we may restore better days.
No comments:
Post a Comment